Monday, December 28, 2009


Went to the doctor again today. Had an ultrasound and the doctor said that both babies are of good size for how far along I am. They said that I have a blood clot in my uterus and that is most likely the cause of the bleeding several weeks ago. They said that the clot has not changed since my last visit so it will most likely just dissolve on its own and will cause no harm to myself and the babies. They just told me that I should take it easy and not do any strenuous activities.
The original doctor I go to wasn't in today so I saw his partner and she stated that reducing from two to a singleton is a high risk. I then emailed this information to the IP and she emailed her doctor and he stated that it is only a 2-5% risk. She told me she felt that wasn't high and asked what I thought. I emailed her back telling her that I felt that if I were in her position longing for a child for so long that no matter how big or small the percentage the risk would not be worth it to me. I told her I would feel as if my child was being blessed with having a sibling and I was being blessed with having two children. I told her that I felt like her and her husband were good people and had alot of love to offer to not only one but two children. I then explained that that is my opininon and she asked for it and as stated before this is not my decision this is hers and I would support her decision an oblige by there wishes however it doesn't mean I have to agree with it:) I told her that I am still praying that they will find it in there hearts to change there minds within the next several weeks. I have another ultrasound in two weeks and the progression in growth just since my last appt. two wks. ago was amazing so I'm sure next time it will be even more so and they will really look more like babies. I will of course send that ultrasound to her:) I also contacted my case worker and let her know that I wanted her to let the IP know that they needed to get in touch with the doctor who is going to be performing the procedure so that she can explain the procedure to her. I told her I am the carrier not the parent and that it isn't fair that I am the only one losing sleep at night over this. She needs to know what they are going to be doing to her baby!!
Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to read my blog. It is nice to be able to jot this stuff down and get it off your chest and know that there are people out there praying for a posative outcome with this journey:)

1 comment:

  1. I just want to cry! This is awful and I am so sorry you are having to deal with it! It isn't fair that you have to be the one hearing about what they are going to do. It isn't fair that this poor baby isn't wanted anymore. I am so sorry this is happening. We are praying, no matter what happens.

    ReplyDelete